Spence Chiropractic Center
Chiropractors located in San Diego, CA
It’s not unusual to have a headache once in awhile, but frequent ones or severe ones aren’t considered normal. If you have recurring headaches, such as migraines, they can end up interfering with your daily activities. At Spence Chiropractic Center, located in San Diego, California, you can get effective treatment for headaches. Dr. Christopher Spence provides this treatment for patients with migraines or other severe or frequent headaches.
Headache Q & A
What are the signs of a headache?
It depends on the type of headache you have and its severity. Headaches can affect your entire head or just one part of it, such as one side or the front or back. Headache pain might occur as a mild pain that lasts for several hours, or a throbbing or sharp pain that gets worse at times.
What types of headaches are there?
When you have recurring headaches, you might have one of the following types:
- Migraines that cause severe pain that usually affects one side of your head
- Cluster headaches that come and go in cycles
- Tension headaches that usually occur near the end of the day
- Chronic daily headaches
- Secondary headaches from hunger, medications, or other causes
How do I know if I have migraines?
Migraines aren’t like other headaches, and they can cause considerable pain that disrupts your day-to-day life. If you have migraines, you might experience the following:
- Pain that lasts up to three days without treatment
- Pain on one side of your head, although you might also have pain on both sides
- Throbbing pain
- Light sensitivity or noise sensitivity
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Blurry vision
Why do I have headaches?
You can get headaches from many different causes. Dr. Spence will help find the cause of your headaches to determine the best treatment. Some common causes include the following:
- Muscle tension in your head or neck
- Genetic factors that increase your risk of migraines or other headaches
- Sleep problems
- Underlying health conditions, such as high blood pressure or sinusitis
How does chiropractic care help headaches?
When you have headaches, they can occur due to misalignments, especially in your upper spine. Correcting these eases pressure on nerves that reach your head, which helps relieve headaches.
Whether you have migraines or other types of recurring headaches, Dr. Spence makes chiropractic adjustments to ease your symptoms. These manipulations align your spine, including its upper portion.
Are chiropractic adjustments painful?
When you see Dr. Spence for headaches, you won’t feel any serious pain during your adjustments. You might have mild soreness along your spine after your treatment, but this doesn’t last long. If you have any other concerns about chiropractic care for headaches, you can discuss them with Dr. Spence.
If you have migraines or other headaches, please contact Spence Chiropractic Center to schedule an appointment with Dr. Spence.